The Hario V60 innovative pour over dripper design has a large hole at the bottom, spiral ribs on the inside and a fairly steep wall. All these elements help in producing a great cup of pour over coffee. A simple yet deliciously effective way to make coffee. V60 02 is the larger version of the V60 and produces more than 1 cup of coffee.
Made from the highest quality porcelain, the ceramic V60 achieves maximum heat retention. From top to bottom internal ribs support natural flow of water and help deliver a "clean" cup. Designed to be placed on top of a cup or carafe, it can brew up two to four cups of coffee at a time.
Dishwasher and microwave friendly, the V60 is easy to use and is considered to be one of the simplest brewing methods. It is also professionals' choice - five out of seven World Brewers Cup Champions used this manual pour-over to win their titles.
Here is one way to make great tasting coffee on the Hario V60.
- Use a ratio of 60g of coffee for 1 litre of water. If your making for one then most cups will be about 300ml so you need 18g of coffee.
- Grind the coffee courser than espresso, like sand.
- Boil fresh water and wait 1 minute to let the water cool to approx 95c.
- Place the filter paper in the V60 and pour some water over the filter paper to rinse.
- Place the ground coffee in the now wet filter paper then start pouring slowly onto the ground coffee.
- The pouring and drip time should take about 3-4 minutes.
Result: Delicious coffee!
Key things needed are: Hario V60, V60 Filter Papers, Fresh delicious coffee roasted less than 30 days ago, hand or electric burr grinder and a kettle.